Thursday, May 21, 2026
Today's Print

2.4m Filipinos hired thru DOLE program

The Department of Labor and Employment said over 2.4 million qualified applicants were employed by private employers through the facilitation of the DOLE’s Public Employment Service Offices in 2023.

Labor Secretary Bienvenido Laguesma said this translates to a 92 percent placement rate across the regions.

- Advertisement -

“The department’s employment assistance program is under the current administration’s mission in advancing its Bagong Pilipinas brand of governance focused on implementing its inclusive plan for economic and social transformation,” the labor chief said.

The department also said that last year, approximately 181,126 youth gained work experience through the Special Program for Employment Students, Government Internship Program, and JobStart Philippines Program.

In  addressing job-skills mismatch, the DOLE  provided over 4.9 million individuals with timely and relevant information on future labor market conditions.

In terms of training and apprenticeship, more than 1.6 million individuals were enrolled in various technical-vocational education and training programs, and over 1.3 million of them graduated from their respective programs.

Approximately 3.036 million beneficiaries were provided emergency employment through the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged Workers Program, while over 153,000 workers were provided livelihood assistance under the DOLE Integrated Livelihood Program or Kabuhayan Program.

Laguesma said that contributing to the enhanced implementation of the programs were the streamlined requirements and process of availing, inclusivity in targeting beneficiaries, and the expanded package of assistance.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img