President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday raised anew reward money to P6 million for the capture of those behind the killings of four policemen in Negros Oriental.
In a lengthy speech in Malacañang, Duterte made the announcement during the oathtaking of the newly promoted star rank officers of the Philippine National Police.
“If you’ll bring the head, [I’ll give you] P6.5 million,” he said.
The government initially offered P1.3 million for the capture of the murderers, and later raised it to P3 million, then P5 million.
Duterte has been blaming the New People’s Army for the murder of four policemen in Ayungon town in Negros Oriental last month.
Charges have been filed recently against 10 suspects following the spate of killings in Negros Oriental.
Among the arrested suspects, three men admitted being involved in the killings of the four policemen who were hogtied and shot in the head.
In his speech on Wednesday, Duterte also said the government needs more policemen, particularly Special Action Force troops, to curb NPA and terrorist group ISIS who were threatening peace and order.
Duterte also expressed hope that PNP Chief Gen. Oscar Albayalde will act on the matter.
“With ISIS, we will have terrorism. You know what I mean. I don’t want to raise an alarm before the public. So I really need it. Maybe Gen. Albayalde can get started on this project,” he said.
“We have ISIS. That will never end in the days to come, and when I say days, I mean years,” he added.
Duterte also vowed to increase police intelligence fund to curb NPA and illegal drugs.







