Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Today's Print

Enrollment in public schools extended till June 30

The enrollment in public elementary and high schools will continue until the end of June to allow the late enrollees to catch up, the Education department said Friday.

Classes in the public elementary and high schools will reopen on June 4.  

- Advertisement -

Education Secretary Leonor Briones reminded parents and their children that enrollment had been ongoing since January and would continue until the end of this month.

“The enrollment will continue to allow those who have yet to enroll to catch up,” Briones said.

The Metro Manila Development Authority said it had been preparing measures to ease the flow of traffic during the reopening of classes on Monday.

MMDA general manager Jose Arturo Garcia Jr. said they will deploy 1,444 personnel to various parts of the metropolis with high a concentration of students.

Those areas include the University Belt in Manila, Katipunan Road and Epifanio delos Santos Avenue and the choke-point areas such as Cubao, Aurora Boulevard and Balintawak Cloverleaf.

 “Our traffic personnel will intensify enforcement and clear obstructions near schools with a large number of students,” Garcia said.

Briones said they were expecting some 29 million pupils and students for the School Year 2018-2019.

“Last year, we had 29 million pupils and students in the public schools,” Briones said. 

“This year we expect around the same number as the number of those who graduated high school will be replaced by new entrants. In the kindergartens, we are expecting over a million new pupils.”

Briones said that past years’ “physical problems””•lack of classrooms, school buildings and other education facilities”•have been addressed. 

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img