Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Today's Print

MMDA files case vs Manila village chief

The Metro Manila Development Authority on Friday filed an administrative case against a Manila barangay chairman who reportedly failed to cooperate with the government’s campaign against illegally-parked vehicles and other road obstructions.

Charged with neglect or dereliction of duty before the Department of Interior and Local Government was Ligaya V. Santos, chairman of Barangay-659 Zone-71, District-V of Manila.

- Advertisement -

MMDA acting general manager Jose Arturo Garcia Jr. filed the case with the Office of DILG undersecretary Martin Dino against Santos for her failure to maintain order in the area of Lawton near the Philippine Postal Office, which was cleared of illegal transport terminal and road obstructions during an operation by the agency late last year.

“It was determined that Barangay 659 Zone 71 had not complied with their obligation under the turn-over agreement. It was found out that obstructions were still existing or have returned at the said roads and roads-right-of-way without the barangay having prevented the same,” said Garcia in his complaint-affidavit.

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img