The Abu Sayyaf Group has released six of its hostages over the weekend in Patikul, Sulu.
Joint Task Force Sulu chief Brig. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana identified the released victims as Jessie Trinidad, 53; Marissa Trinidad, 54; Jimmy Trinidad, 21; Lucy Hapole, 21; Marciano Hapole, 14; and Nelson Hapole, 7—all residents of Kalimayahan Village, Barangay Latih in Patikul.
Sobejana said the victims were abducted by ASG bandits led by a certain Roger Samlahon on Nov. 14.
Last week, Abu Sayyaf member wanted for bombing a public terminal in Kidapawan City in 2007 was arrested in a joint military and police operation in Basilan.
Rahim Abdul alias Aman Kabalu was nabbed in Kampurnah village in Isabela City. He is listed under the Department of National Defense/Department of the Interior and Local Government joint order of rewards with a bounty of P1.3 million.
Joint Task Force Basilan commander Brig. Gen. Juvymax Uy said Abdul was identified by a civilian and that led to his arrest.






