The Bureau of Customs on Wednesday turned over P15 million worth of China-made firecrackers to the Philippine National Police, which were seized by the agency in Cagayan de Oro last week.
The shipments, consigned to Spherebox Marketing and Pro-V Marketing Unlimited Co., were declared as drinking glasses, cups, reams of bond paper, and sanitary napkins, but turned out to be firecrackers upon inspection, Customs Intelligence and Investigation chief Neil Estrella said.
The importers were identified as Quingtian Zhangchao Import and Export Co. Ltd., Yiwu Suge Import and Export Co. Ltd., and Guangzhou Kind Sam Import and Export Co. Ltd.
“We turned over the seized items to the PNP for proper disposal so these won’t find its way to the market,” the BoC said.
The confiscated fireworks and firecrackers were placed inside four 40-foot container vans, and arrived at the Mindanao Container Terminal sub-port in Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental from China.






