Tuesday, May 12, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: volcanic eruption

Over 8K people move out of harm’s way—Task Force Kanlaon

Almost 8,000 people moved to different evacuation sites in Negros Occidental in the wake of an explosive volcanic eruption early Tuesday morning, according to...

Marcos orders relief operations after Kanlaon eruption

An explosive eruption of Mount Kanlaon early Tuesday prompted emergency response efforts from national agencies, with President Ferdinand Marcos, Jr. directing continued aid to...

DSWD ready to release ‘ayuda’ packs for Kanlaon evacuees

Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Rex Gatchalian assured the public the agency is ready to dispatch family food packs (FFPs) and...

Kanlaon Volcano sends ash miles into the air

Manila, Philippines—A volcano in the central Philippines erupted early Tuesday morning, sending a plume of ash 4,000 meters (2.5 miles) into the sky and prompting...

Kanlaon Volcano erupts; residents, LGUs on high alert

Residents and local government units (LGUs) in Panay facing Negros Island were asked to stay on ‘high alert’ following the eruption of Kanlaon Volcano...

Flights cancelled after Indonesia volcano eruption

Jakarta, Indonesia—At least seven international flights from Indonesia's resort island Bali have been cancelled, an airport official said Friday, after a volcano in the archipelago...

Civil Defense ready to lead National Task Force for volcanic eruptions

The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) is fully prepared to comply with President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s directive to establish a national task force aimed...

Marcos tells Negrenses to stay calm, patient amid Kanlaon unpredictability

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Friday acknowledged the uncertainty surrounding Mount Kanlaon’s activity, saying the government is closely monitoring the situation but cannot predict...

Kanlaon eruption damage to agriculture sector hits P33-m—NDRRMC

The amount of damage in the agriculture sector attributed to the December 9, 2024 Kanlaon Volcano eruption rose to P33-million, the National Disaster Risk...

Phivolcs logs more ash plumes from Kanlaon versus previous days

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) reported on Friday that Kanlaon Volcano in Negros province experienced more ash emission events on Thursday. At...

Task Force ‘Kanlaon’ prepares for possible Alert Level 4

The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) called for the immediate evacuation of residents within the six-kilometer extended danger zone around Mount Kanlaon, following a...

Marcos sends P60-m aid for eruption response to Canlaon City, Negros Oriental

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. turned over ₱30 million each for the local government of Canlaon City and the provincial government of Negros Oriental in...

Civil Defense mulls expansion of Kanlaon permanent danger zone

The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) on Thursday said it is planning to further expand the extended permanent danger zone (PDZ) around Mount Kanlaon...

DSWD remains on alert amid Kanlaon unrest; delivers P26-m aid to Negros families

Over P26 million in humanitarian aid has been so far extended by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) to families affected by...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img