Friday, May 1, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: online cockfighting

Napolcom clears CIDG cops in online cockfighting raid

The National Police Commission (Napolcom) on Thursday, formally dismissed the complaint filed against operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group – National Capital...

Online cockfighting thrives in Philippines despite ban and murders

Manila, Philippines—Divers have spent more than a month searching a lake south of Manila for the bodies of men with links to the Philippines' bloody...

NBI exec bares Rep. Teves threat

An official of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Wednesday said Negros Oriental Rep. Arnolfo Teves Jr., now wanted for murder, had threatened...

PNP wants ‘e-sabong’ on list of banned gambling modes

The Philippine National Police (PNP) eyes the inclusion of e-sabong (online cockfighting) in the list of illegal gambling activities punishable under Presidential Decree 1602,...

Azurin orders heightened drive vs. e-sabong

Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Rodolfo Azurin Jr. on Monday ordered all police commanders nationwide to step up their drive against illegal e-sabong...

‘E-sabong ban spurs shift to unlicensed betting activities’

The suspension of "e-sabong" operations saw bettors seeking other alternatives to the online cockfighting game, some of which were no longer regulated by Philippine...

E-sabong shutdown affected accredited banks

The shutdown of online cockfighting or e-sabong has also affected financial institutions as the country lost an estimated P5 billion in potential revenue this...

Group: E-sabong industry will be professionalized and regulated

The much-awaited return of e-sabong to the country will be professionalized and regulated to address concerns regarding the negative impacts it has on society. This...

E-sabong operators say 3.2m workers displaced by ban

Some major players in the online cockfighting or e-sabong business which has been banned by the government are still hurting out for lost incomes...

Getting serious on e-sabong

"I hope the incoming administration maintains its opposition to this." Sometime last year, I wrote an article regarding the ills of e-sabong citing the social...

PNP launches crackdown on e-sabong

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has ordered unit commanders to intensify their crackdown against the online cockfighting or “e-sabong” operations. PNP director for operations Maj....

Senator scolds PAGCOR for allowing e-sabong during Holy Week

Senator Francis Tolentino on Monday castigated the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) leadership for allowing the operation of e-sabong (online cockfighting) even during...

Sotto: Missing ‘sabungeros’ probe before ‘e-sabong’ plenary debates

The Senate investigation into the missing “sabungeros” or e-cockfighting workers should continue before the chamber holds plenary debates on one online cockfighting firm’s franchise,...

Duterte may halt e-sabong if it be disruptive

President Rodrigo Duterte has said he may be forced to order the suspension of e-sabong (online cockfighting) operations if the situation gets out of...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img