Friday, May 8, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: Kuwait

Kuwait’s first soprano brings Puccini to the Gulf

By Salima Lebel Amani Hajji is nothing if not stubborn: for 20 years, she has refused to give up on her dream of making opera...

Special envoy to rescue ‘rescuers’ in Kuwait

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has named Presidential Adviser on Overseas Filipino Workers Concerns Abdullah Mamao as special envoy to Kuwait in a bid to restore...

Muslim group out to break impasse with Kuwait

MALACAÑANG has sent a delegation of Filipino Muslims to help resolve the country’s diplomatic row with Kuwait, an official from the National Commission on...

DFA tries new tack in Kuwait

THE Department of Foreign Affairs is taking a “three-pronged approach” in dealing with the diplomatic crisis in Kuwait, stressing the four officials holed up...

Rody restrains self on Kuwait, PH workers: So much at stake

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday uncharacteristically refrained from commenting on the diplomatic row between the Philippines and Kuwait to avoid further strains in relations. “I’m...

Money problems for Albayalde

President Duterte said the ban on the deployment of workers to Kuwait was permanent. What he really meant was that it would stay until...

Manila, Kuwait create opening to solve crisis

THE Palace on Monday dialed back on President Rodrigo Duterte’s statement that the deployment ban to Kuwait was permanent, saying it still could be...

Workers’ woes

These are tough times for Filipino workers—even as they are fortunate enough to land jobs in the first place. For instance, our overseas workers in...

No violation of Kuwaiti sovereignty

It’s bad enough that many Kuwaiti nationals who hire Filipino domestic helpers treat their employees like slaves.  What is worse is that last week,...

Kuwait deployment ban now permanent–Duterte

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday said the temporary ban on Filipinos going to work in Kuwait is now permanent, intensifying a diplomatic standoff over...

Right and wrong

FOLLOWING the expulsion of Ambassador Renato Villa, President Rodrigo Duterte has declared a permanent ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait. Duterte,...

Diplomatic standoff

In this file photo taken on Feb.18, 2018, Filipina workers returning home from Kuwait fill out forms upon their arrival at Manila International Airport....

Philippine defends OFW rescue in Kuwait

FOREIGN Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano insisted on Saturday the actions taken by Filipino diplomats in Kuwait were “a rightful exercise” of their duty under...

Foreign journos barred from Philippine press conference

THE Philippine government barred foreign correspondents from covering a press conference held in Singapore on Friday, which was mostly about the diplomatic crisis between the...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img