Monday, May 4, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: Kuwait

Strong, substantial protection for OFWs

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; line-height: 11.0px; font: 10.5px 'Times New Roman'} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; text-indent: 9.0px;...

19 repatriates from Baghdad ready to leave Middle East

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; font: 10.0px 'Times New Roman'} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; text-indent: 9.0px; font: 10.0px...

A total and permanent ban

Last week, we had argued in favor of a total deployment ban in Kuwait, after a Filipino domestic was beaten to death, purportedly by...

OFW in Kuwait sexually abused–DOJ

The domestic worker who was beaten to death by her employer was also sexually abused, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Sunday, citing the results of...

Rody eases up on OFW ban in Kuwait

President Rodrigo Duterte said he might still allow the deployment of overseas Filipino workers to Kuwait while justice was being done for the slain...

Immigration men on their toes after Kuwait deployment ban

The Bureau of Immigration said it will not allow Kuwait-bound workers to leave after the government declared a ban on the deployment of newly-hired...

Severe sanctions on the recruiter

"Villavende’s tragedy highlights the disheartening plight of overseas Filipino workers who bear separation from their families to seek greener pastures abroad."   The government must impose...

A total ban is better

The recent death of another Filipino domestic in Kuwait has prompted the government to impose a partial deployment ban on the Gulf state. But...

Legislator calls for OFW quick response

A party-list legislator on Monday said the death of Jeanelyn Villavende, the domestic worker in Kuwait, could have been averted if there was a system in...

‘Stop sending workers to Kuwait’

Rep. Enrico Pineda of Party-list 1-Pacman wants a total deployment ban on Filipino workers to Kuwait following the killing of domestic worker Jeanelyn Villavende. In...

Labor exporter suspended over maid’s murder

The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration has suspended the manpower placement agency that hired household worker Jeanalyn Villavende who was murdered by her employer in...

Partial ban

Applicants look for available jobs abroad at an employment agency in Malate, Manila yesterday. Department of Labor and Employment Secretary Silvestre Bello III signed...

Partial labor ban to Kuwait up

The Department of Labor and Employment will impose a partial ban on the deployment of household service workers to Kuwait following the death of...

DFA condemns death of OFW in Kuwait

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; line-height: 11.0px; font: 13.0px 'Myriad Pro'} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; text-indent: 9.0px; line-height:...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img