Saturday, May 2, 2026
Today's Print

Tag: Joanna Demafelis

Demafelis slay co-accused found guilty

The co-accused in the slaying of Filipina household worker Joanna Demafelis was found guilty of murder by the Syrian District Criminal Court, the Department...

Duterte imposes terms of total lifting of Kuwait work ban

President Rodrigo Duterte wants an assurance from Kuwait that the conditions under the agreement between the two countries will be met before he signs...

Remittance dampener

The diplomatic row with Kuwait has quickly taken its toll on the money sent home by Filipinos working overseas. Remittances declined 9.8 percent in...

No violation of Kuwaiti sovereignty

It’s bad enough that many Kuwaiti nationals who hire Filipino domestic helpers treat their employees like slaves.  What is worse is that last week,...

Bello should be axed next

Last week, President Rodrigo Duterte was supposed to fire Undersecretary Dominador Say of the Department of Labor and Employment for allegedly extorting money from...

Duterte should fire Bello

The recent ouster of Vitaliano Aguirre II as Justice secretary confirms that President Rodrigo Duterte will not tolerate misfits in his cabinet.  Aguirre’s dismissal,...

PH-Kuwait flights put on hold–PAL

LEGACY carrier Philippine Airlines said it is suspending its flights to and from Kuwait, saying the ongoing slowdown in overseas Filipino worker travel to...

Secretary Bello, Kuwait and OFWs

It is undoubtedly saddening to learn of the plight of Joanna Demafelis, the 29-year-old Filipina overseas contract worker who was employed as a housemaid...

‘No justice for OFW unless couple punished’

A PARTY-LIST lawmaker on Thursday expressed hope President Rodrigo Duterte would lift the total ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait in...

Kuwait taps Ethiopia for substitute maids

Kuwait City—Kuwait will recruit Ethiopian nationals to make up for a “deficit” in domestic workers, authorities said Tuesday, following the grisly murder of a...

OFW’s convicted employers should be in Kuwait custody

SENATOR Joel Villanueva on Tuesday said the employers of murdered Filipina helper Joanna Demafelis who was kept in a freezer should be transferred to...

Deployment ban stays pending PH-Kuwait deal

THE ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait will remain despite the death sentence handed down by a Kuwaiti court to the...

It’s not over

A Kuwaiti court has handed out the death penalty to the employers of Joanna Demafelis, the overseas worker whose body was found stuffed in...

Lebanese, wife get death for OFW’s slay

Kuwait City—A Kuwaiti court on Sunday sentenced in absentia a Lebanese man and his Syrian wife to death by hanging over the murder of...
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img