On October 4, 2019, Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation officially launched the new Montero Sport 2020, a model designed with a more robust appearance providing the vehicle a tougher look while complemented with a refreshed interior that delivers a luxurious and comfortable feel. The new Mitsubishi Montero Sport is equipped with advance features both for convenience and safety; making each driving experience fun and worry-free. With the combined enhancements, the new Mitsubishi Montero Sport is designed to elevate one’s journey to new heights.
Tougher and bolder look
Mitsubishis’ signature Dynamic Shield front view design concept has been further evolved on the new Montero Sport, emphasizing the sense of wideness with the headlights continuing from the front grille and the combination lamps at the bumper corners. The higher bonnet of the vehicle exhibits a deeper front face, while a more solid, powerful chrome part design projects a more refined, sophisticated appearance.
Dependable power and performance
• The 2.4L MIVEC turbo diesel and an 8-speed automatic transmission delivers excellent environmental and smooth performance.
• The new Montero Sport retains the Super-Select 4WD-II system that delivers optimal traction for all surfaces and confidence-inspiring handling characteristics. The off-road mode with a newly designed switch on 4WD models elevates all- terrain performance and self-extraction capability through the integrated control of engine output, transmission settings and brake power.
Comfort and luxury from within
• Refreshed floor console and soft padded interior door handles enhance the overall
• AC Outlet 220V 150W feature on all automatic variants. Upgraded driving comfort and convenience
• Easy-to-read 8 inch color LCD meter, and 8 inch Smartphone-Link Display Audio (SDA) which is compatible for Apple Carplay and Android.0 • Power Tailgate with hands-free feature.
• The MITSUBISHI Remote Control smart phone application offers a number of functions that facilitate ease of access and added security.*
• The MITSUBISHI Remote control app will send notification to the driver’s smartphone to lock the doors via the app when the driver leaves the vehicle with the doors unlocked.
The Power Tailgate can be opened or closed by smartphone. In addition, the tailgate reservation system can be preset by smartphone anywhere, which enables the driver to open or close the tailgate automatically when he/she approaches or leaves the vehicle. The keyless operation system is effective between the vehicle and within Bluetooth** operating range.
Furnished with an 8-way power adjustable driver seat to provide convenient adjustment of seating configuration
*Available only for the 4x4 GT variant ** Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc. of America and is used by MMC under license
Safety is always a priority
• The new Mitsubishi Montero Sport is equipped with several safety features to provide its driver and its passengers peace-of-mind in every travel.
Lane Change Assist (LCA) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) functions.
Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control Multi-view camera system that limits blind spots when parking the vehicle 7 number of airbags for GT 4WD, 6 airbags for GT 2WD, and 2 airbags for the GLS and GLX variants.
The new Mitsubishi Montero Sport will be available in 4 variants and 7 color options:
Montero Sport GT 2WD AT: SRP Php 1,998,000.00
Montero Sport GLS 2WD AT: SRP Php 1,769,000.00
Sterling Silver Metalic
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.