DOST-PCIEERD provides P43 million to 14 startups
DOST PCIEERD Executive Director Dr. Enrico Paringit expressed optimism that the 14 startup companies will create a huge impact in the Philippine society with their cross-cutting technological products and services. “As leader and partner in enabling innovations, we are on the constant lookout for new talents that can infuse new blood into Philippine economy through innovative products and services. We are excited for our new 14 startups who will commence a new breed of innovators in the country,” he said. Out of 54 proposals received during the first call, most of the 14 startups that were selected came from Luzon with nine startups, followed by Mindanao with three, and Visayas with two. The following are the names of the 14 startups and their projects: 1. Agrabah Project title: An Agriculture Technology Platform automated logistics booking for farmers and fisherfolks Agrabah provides an integrated platform that arranges delivery of agricultural produce from farming communities to enterprise, providing farmers a seamless experience to market, easy access to clients, and financing to meet volume requirements. 2. Mosaic Project title: New Product Development and Market Validation of a Mosaic Online Food and Beverage Procurement Marketplace Platform Mosaic is an online food and beverage (F&B) procurement marketplace for food establishments and suppliers. 3. CAWIL AI Project title: Enhancement of the Prototype and Market Validation of Traceability Access for Consumer and Export powered by Artificial Intelligence (TrACE.AI) Software System TrACE.AI is a Fish- Electronic Catch Documentation and Traceability app which automates catch documentation by utilizing artificial intelligence in identifying fish species. 4. Burket PH Project title: Improvement and Assessment of Marketability of an AI-powered Buyer-Supplier Matching and Management System for Businesses in the Philippines Burket platform is a digitized procurement processes for business-to-business transaction. 5. Zippee Project title: Enhancement and Validation of Zippee Logistics: A Franchise B2B Logistic Platform for Truck Owners and Franchisees Zippee Logistics is a B2B logistic service booking platform for truck owners and franchisees. 6. Insights Project title: Enhancing the MSME Supply Chain Experience by Integrating Cold Chain Solutions in DeliverE 2.0 The DeliverE Platform integrates different agriculture stakeholders into a single digital platform from farmer-to-consumer (F2C), business-to-business (B2B), and business-to-consumer (B2C), which increases process cycle efficiency by 63% by shortening the agriculture supply chain from 8 steps to 4 steps. It also includes monitoring of transport fleet and warehouses. 7. Bizkit Project title: Enhancement of BizKit (The First Local Centralized Business Suite) to better facilitate cross-functional and holistic business operations in the new normal
- Sustainable Industries - Technologies intended to fill-in the gaps in the value chain of critically important industries to increase productivity, reduce costs, and facilitate production and distribution of goods in the new normal.
- Supply chain and logistics management - Technologies that reduce dependency on physical labor across transportation, logistics, and warehousing; platforms for online matching and delivery of goods from source to point of use.
- Learning/Education - Technologies in support of remote learning, distance education, and online learning in response to the surge in online teaching in schools and universities.
- Work from home productivity tools - Productivity tools that remote workers can use for connection, collaboration, workforce monitoring, time management, among others.
- Content and talent development - Tech support for content and talent development, infusion/ enhancement of new digital tools and technologies, marketing and customer engagement activities.
- Digitally empowered Tools for public service - Digital tools that will enable government agencies to consistently deliver public services at a faster rate, a wider reach but with enhanced accuracy and transparency.
No related stories matched this topic.