Shopee identifies 4 of biggest e-commerce trends in 2020
- Robust growth for Filipino sellers: As people shop for their home and essential needs online, brands, and sellers in the Gaming and Pet Care categories are seeing strong growth. In addition, Brands and sellers offering pet essentials and home appliances & accessories saw 40 times and 15 times more orders respectively than the same period last year.
- Reaching customers with live streaming: Brands and sellers are actively exploring new ways to reach consumers. Shopee has observed that the number of Shopee Live streams from brands and sellers increased by 40 times. Homegrown SMEs have successfully boosted online visibility with Shopee Live. For example, Sirods Stuffed Toys has recorded a robust number of views for its streams by showcasing popular toys and collectibles to users in real-time, enabling it to engage customers more effectively.
- Consumers search and shop online for a wider variety of needs: Shopee has observed an increase in search and shopping activity in the past 3 months, especially for health and fashion products. This reflects an increasing reliance on e-commerce, which provides Filipinos with one-stop access to essentials, health products, and more.
- Top searched keywords: Face masks, Dresses, Power banks, Undergarments
- Top products: Mosquito incense, Vitamins, and supplements, cell phone cases
- Increased shopping activity on weekdays: Online shopping activity has peaked on Tuesdays in recent months, showcasing the preference among Filipinos to shop earlier in the week. Shopping activity is also the highest at 12PM and 1PM as Filipinos shop more often during lunchtime.
- Preference for cashless payments: Adoption of cashless payments is growing as consumers value speed and reduce physical interactions. Shopee has observed that users are increasingly using cashless options such as ShopeePay to pay for purchases in recent months.
- Shopee Live Chat: Shopee has seen an increase in social interactions on its platform. Over 1 million messages were sent daily on average as brands, sellers, and consumers interact with each other across the shopping journey.
- In-app games: Shopee recorded 200 million plays for its in-app games over the past three months. This is driven by users logging in daily to earn rewards and try out new in-app games such as Shopee Farm and Shopee Throw.
No related stories matched this topic.