Despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, different car companies continue to strive for excellence with the launch of updated and innovative cars to keep pace with the blazing pace of technology.
This 2021, car manufacturing giants released new and improved car models that are suited for everyone.
Here are some car models to consider from different car companies, ranging from sports utility vehicles to sedans and pickup trucks.
1. Nissan Almera. Nissan launched its all-new Almera in the country, offering high-class features that set it apart from its rivals in the market.
Nissan Almera boasts of advanced technology for its passenger car segment with its Nissan Intelligent Mobility that features monitoring and intervention technology. Additionally, Almera also has an Intelligent Forward Collision Warning, Intelligent Forward Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and other world-class safety features.
For its performance, Almera is powered by a 1.0-liter turbo engine for stronger power and fuel efficiency.
2. GAC GS8. GAC Motor’s new GS8 model was already circulating around cyberspace after an apparent leak. The new-generation GS8 kept the shapes of its older model with slight design changes for a fresher look.
The heavy-duty SUV from GAC Motor is loaded with a GPMA-L platform and is available with a Toyota Hybrid System power unit.
The hybrid system consists of a GAC-build 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine and a rear-mounted electric motor that together produce 241 horsepower.
Plans for a bullet-proof version GS8 are also in the works as confirmed by GAC Motor Philippines.
3. Mitsubishi Mirage G4. After much anticipation, Mitsubishi Motors Philippines officially launched its updated version of the Mirage G4, bearing its classic ‘Dynamic Shield design’ for a sportier look.
Mirage G4 still has its existing 1.2-liter three-cylinder MIVEC gasoline engine, generating 76hp and 100N-m of maximum torque paired to an INVECS-III CVT or a five-speed manual gearbox.
Since its introduction back in 2013, Mirage G4 has surpassed 360,000 units of sales.
4. Isuzu mu-X. The long-awaited all-new mu-X has just arrived in the local market. It is the second generation of Isuzu’s 7-seater SUV.
At the heart of the new mu-X is the new 4JJ3-TCX turbo engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission. This drive train produces 190 PS of power and 450 Nm of torque for smooth, effortless acceleration even when you need to carry or tow heavy loads.
The Terrain Command Select Dial lets the driver switch between 2WD-high and 4WD-high when at 100kph or select 4WD-low to further increase traction and control.
“Intelligent Safety” was also one of the top priorities in developing the brand-new mu-X, which achieved a 5-star ASEAN NCAP rating.
5. Toyota Hilux GR-S. Months of speculations on the new Toyota GR Sports models have circulated around the web.
A source from Toyota Motor Philippines confirmed the release of updated versions of Hilux and Fortuner on November 3.
The new Hilux will have a 2.8-liter turbodiesel that has the power of 201hp and 500Nm of torque.
Adding to its strong engine, Hilux will have an upgraded suspension set-up with monotube shock absorbers.
6. Suzuki Vitara. Japanese carmaker, Suzuki resumed its strong case for a stylish subcompact SUV with the new Suzuki Vitara.
The stylish update for Vitara includes a new vertical bar grille, lower bumper trim, and new wheel designs.
Vitara still has its 1.6-liter engine and gasoline mill which produces 115hp and 156Nm.