The much-awaited Curry 4 will now be available in the Philippines this weekend. Only 200 pairs will be sold in its first release at Under Armour brand houses and selected multi-brand sports stores.
The Curry 4 is all about more – Stephen Curry’s insatiable desire to win more, to play more and to achieve more. The shoe was designed from the ground up with one thing in mind – to help Stephen get more, from the first ideation conversations to sketches, to design iterations and beyond.
Traction is critical to Stephen’s game; the ability to grip the hardwood with no slippage and ensure the quickest, cleanest cuts to offer that extra sliver of space gives Stephen all he needs to unleash the fastest, deadliest release in the league. Concentric circles, inspired by gravitational waves, achieve more traction, beyond any prior Curry footwear iteration.
The Curry 4 offers more control, via continuity; a seamless feel between the foot and the shoe, and that is evident when putting on the footwear. Immediately, the shoe conforms to your foot, with no break in period, offering more comfort than ever before.
They will be available in limited numbers at UA brand houses in Trinoma, Bonifacio High Street, Uptown Center, Greenbelt in Makati, Robinson’s Magnolia and Ayala Center Cebu.
They are also spread out at various sports houses like Second Win Ayala, Landmark Makati, Runnr ATC and BGC, Planet Sports Rockwell, Rustan’s ATC and Makati, Toby’s MOA, Aura and Megamall branches; Sports Central MOA, Baguio and Aura and selected Olympic Village branches.
Additional tech details driving the Curry 4:
- Knit internal sleeve creates a structural fit around the collar & forefoot for an amplified performance feel
- Microfiber synthetic quarter panel is bonded to the knit material giving the ideal balance of support with reduced weight
- Dynamic seam taping merges the knit sleeve & synthetic quarter panel without adding any stitching
- Speed plate for underfoot structure & performance containment built to handle explosive movements
- Cross-centric traction pattern is designed to optimize on forefoot-to-heel traction & provide amazing grip on any court
- Proprietary foam compound for responsiveness underfoot
Stephen has helped redefine what success looks like in professional basketball – being quick and light is the name of the game, and Under Armour has applied that approach to the design and functionality of the Curry 4.