By Nijel Matthew Aquino
The mobile adaptation of the popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is now available since June 18 in nine countries in Southeast Asia, including the Philippines.
Developed by Nuverse and published by South Korea-based game company GRAVITY Co., Ragnarok X: Next Generation faithfully adapts the PC-original Ragnarok Online, also known as RO, to Android and iOS devices.
Ragnarok X: Next Generation features the original six character classes - Lord Knight, Assassin Cross, Sniper, High Wizard, High Priest, and Whitesmith. All of these classes have been in Ragnarok Online since 2002.
Additionally, the monsters and locations originally found in RO are included. The game graphics, however, were updated to modern standards, along with a free 3D camera to let players pan through the game world’s sceneries.
Ragnarok X: Next Generation also brings a friends system to the game, letting players interact with others in-game through item trading, guild creation, and even a marriage system.
The game also features "mounts" or player-controlled vehicles, as well as memory creation and collection.
The open-beta registration of the mobile game reached 2 million on June 9, with pre-registered players receiving early game rewards.
To celebrate the launch of the SEA server, the game developers launched in-game events that will reward players with rare game items and equipment.
The launch events in Ragnarok X: Next Generation are the following:
- Server Launch Limited Gift Pack giveaway;
- Landmark Lighting, wherein players in every country can co-op with fellow players to light up their country’s national landmark to gain rewards;
- King of MVP, which allows players to obtain the title of “Glorious Legend” by completing MVP and miniboss fights with outstanding performance, and;
- The Glory Pass, which is similar to other games’ battle pass system that rewards players if they accomplish daily tasks or missions.
- As Midgard welcomes new players from the Philippines and Southeast Asia in Ragnarok X: Next Generation, the game can be downloaded through the Google Play Store for Android and the iTunes Store for iOS devices.