Advertisement

Alabang Country Club faces possible sanctions

Serious penalties may be handed to officials of the Alabang Country Club and Club 515 for health and safety protocol violations.

The fate of ACC and Club 515 is now in the hands of the National Task Force Against Covid-19 after it was discovered that they reportedly hosted and organized a tournament during the general community quarantine.

Investigations done by the Games and Amusement Board and the Philippine Sports Commission disclosed that Alabang Country Club played host to an intra-club tournament.

The event was organized by Club 515 and was held from Aug. 28 to 29 when Metro Manila was still under GCQ.

“Our group has forwarded it to the IATF already and the National Task Force was already given instructions to implement the decision. I am not at liberty to disclose it,” said GAB chairman Abraham Mitra.

The protocols that were breached are contained in General Guidelines No. 3 of the Joint Administrative Order No. 2020-0001.

It stated that, “non-professional sporting events such as tournaments, competitive events and athletic meets shall not be permitted on certain quarantine levels.”

The Sherwood Golf and Country Club in Trece Martires City, Cavite may also be sanctioned.

Mitra said the SGCC ignored government policies. Cavite Governor Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla ordered the club’s indefinite closure for holding an unauthorized tournament.

It was reported that some of the participants in the 14th PEMCOR Cup hosted by Club 515 at Alabang Country Club allegedly did not wear face masks.

“The JAO group has finished its investigation and has submitted its findings to the IATF through the DOH (Department of Health). We hope that those found to have violated the guidelines be sanctioned,” said PSC Chairman William Ramirez.

The PSC, GAB and DOH recently set up the tripartite body that created the Joint Administrative Order (JAO) for the conduct of sports during the coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis.

The PSC initially wrote a letter to Alabang Country Club president Virgilio Balaguer requesting them to provide information on the alleged activity.

Alabang Country Club Chairman of the Board Homer Perez and Balaguer replied that they have an ongoing investigation regarding the incident.

Perez added that the board created a special committee to look into the matter.

The board vowed to notify the PSC of the result of the investigation and their decision.

So far, no final word has been heard from top Alabang Country Club officials.

Topics: Alabang Country Club and Club 515 , Homer Perez , Virgilio Balaguer , Joint Administrative Order , Department of Health , William Ramirez , National Task Force , Abraham Mitra

Related stories:

No related stories matched this topic.

COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement