For long-time TOYCON fans, it’s no secret that Voltes V holds a special place in the heart of this convention and its followers.
This iconic robot has never missed a spot among the collage of colorful characters on its poster since the very start, and on special milestone years, it has even become the central symbol of the show, with the huge Voltes V statue in 2016 when it first moved the convention to the SMX in Pasay, the fleet of Voltes V ships gracing its 2017 merchandise, and TOYCON’s launch of the Tamashii Nations Super Electromagnetic Machine VOLTES V, Bandai Spirits DLX Soul of Chogokin in 2020.
It’s been too long since the community of pop culture fans and collectors have come together since the pandemic struck. For many, this long drought without gathering to celebrate the common love for all things creative, innovative, and collectible has gone on way too long.
And so with the effects of the Covid 19 pandemic winding down, organizers cannot wait to see its loyal fans and community to finally come home to a very familiar, yet whole new playground.
Welcome to TOYCON PH 2022 set July 8-10, 2022 at the Megatrade Halls, 5/F of the SM Megamall Bldg. B in Pasig City.
The event is organized by VLAC Event Management Inc. and co-presented by Lazada and Smart Signature.
This year, our 19th year of putting on an onsite convention, Voltes V takes center stage again as part of a promise made by the convention’s event partner, Quiccs, back in 2019 to launch the trademark TEQ-63 in unmistakable Voltes V style only at TOYCON.
And this year, in partnership with TOEI Co. Ltd. Telesuccess, everything is set for the launch.
At the heart of the Voltes V story is a tale of a divided family, struggles suffered and surpassed, but ultimately a reunion of love. Which is really what TOYCON is all about
It is a yearly reunion, and for this year, a homecoming, it returns to the place where it all started.
TOYCON started as a gathering of people of like minds, and this year as it has been every year, it is a collaboration of many to put together the biggest pop culture event in the country and in Southeast Asia.
It is an alliance, which this year, goes back to its roots.
This year’s event highlights include:
• The biggest Voltes V Licensing and merchandise exhibit in collaboration with Telesuccess Productions Inc.
• Surprise celebrity appearances
• Funko Funatics Philippines release of exclusives and celebrity signings
• Top toy studios and designers from the region on exhibit
• TOYCON Creator’s Alley – co-organized by the Bulletpunk Network where the top Filipino toy creators meet the up-and-coming young upstart creators
• Artist Alley – co-organized by Komiket with some of the Philippines’ top comic book artist/s assembled for signing and sketching
• The TOYCON Collectors Gallery c/o the Philippine Toy Groups Association
• Toy Art and Toy Customizing competition
• ToyClick and Cosclick Photography contest
• The TOYCON Cosplay Competition and the World Cosplay Summit
• Collectors and Customizers Panel discussions
• The Pinoy Pop Culture Icon Awards
• And the Biggest collectibles retail floor of more than 250 booths
What’s new for this year’s convention? There will be online selling seminars, live auctions and livestreams sponsored by Lazada; VIP access, NFT workshops and Bulletpunk BitWars art brought to us by Smart Signature.
TOYCON PH 2022 is also supported by Telesuccess Productions, MaxiCollector, Great Toys Online, Legendary Beasts Studios, EC Collectibles, Filbars, Toy Empire, Bully Boy Collectibles, and DHL and held in cooperation with
Vans, Yori, Funko Funatic Philippines, Warner Brothers, and The Linden Suites
With media partners, ABS-CBN, 106.7 Energy FM and FPS PH.
And event partners Anime Alliance, Ex-Link Events, Komiket, PICOF and the
For event details go to: www.toyconph.com or Like ToyConPh on Facebook and Twitter.
Tickets are available online at SMTickets.com and the TOYCON 2022 store on Lazada. (From TOYCON PH Facebook)