Hopes are high and major property developers are bullish that recovery will start this second quarter. This optimism is buoyed by people getting their COVID-19 jabs coupled with the anticipated completion of big public infrastructure projects.
With renewed vigor, savvy investors are now on the lookout for the perfect property.
Here are 5 reasons why it makes sense to invest in a Manila property now.
1. A myriad of possibilities. Whether you are a first-time visitor to Manila or a balikbayan who has been away for a while, you know that a taste of the Philippines will not be complete without a visit to the capital. This city provides you with the best that the country has to offer: history, culture, heritage, architecture and commerce.
A city master-planned by American urban planner Daniel Burnham, who was responsible for the city plans of Baguio, Chicago and downtown Washington D.C., Manila offers a myriad of possibilities to suit every visitor’s or resident’s need. Travel back in time and marvel at centuries-old buildings in Intramuros, have a gastronomic feast in Binondo, shop at the local markets or in the city’s many malls, visit the National Museum and the National Library, watch cultural performances, enjoy Nature through strolls along the many parks, go on leisurely walks or on a night cruise along the Bay, or go biking in the CCP complex. This vibrant city never sleeps, ready to offer you everything you may ever crave.
2. A rich history, an even richer future. Manila is home to many firsts in the Philippines: university, light station, lighthouse tower, water system, hotel, oceanarium, stock exchange, flyover, zoo, pedestrian underpass and a rapid transit system, which was the first in Southeast Asia.
This economic vibrancy has continued over the years, making Manila one of the most sought-after cities to invest and reside in. The Globalization and World Cities Research Network lists Manila as an “Alpha” global city, ranking it 7th in economic performance globally in 2018. Global advisory firm Tholons places it at 8th in the 2021 Top 100 Super Cities.
Doing business in Manila is made much easier with its proximity to key government offices, including the financial center, foreign affairs, tourism and the Presidential Palace.
3. A rich return, guaranteed. Leechiu Property Consultants (LPC) predicts a surge in Manila property. In a 2020 study, LPC found that some 88.3% of the 16,338 condominium units spread across 26 active projects were sold at the height of the pandemic. Roxas Boulevard appears to offer the greatest advantage in the mid-high property development segment, with only 314 units untaken.
Picturesque Roxas Boulevard has seen a 27 percent year-on-year price growth, according to LPC. In 2010 land was valued at P35,000 per sqm; in 2020 it was P450,000 per sqm. Capital appreciation is almost 200 percent per year. Rental yield hovers around 7.5 to 9.3 percent.
4. A promise of better things to come. Located at the center of commerce, and with easy access to the rest of Metro Manila, homebuyers can expect even more connectivity with PhP9 trillion worth of road development in the pipeline. This includes 146.7 kilometers of road networks spread across 12 infrastructure projects that are set for completion within the next two years. These infra projects are expected to generate 10 million jobs that will surely increase demand for housing in the capital city.
5. A home that brings together the best of Manila and more. There is no better time to invest in Manila property than today, and 2020 Property Developer of the Year SMDC offers the perfect home – Sands Residences, located along Roxas Boulevard that gives homeowners an everyday view of the magnificent Manila Bay sunset.
SMDC Sands Residences is a 51-storey development that offers hotel-like living. You have a front desk at your disposal and on-demand services that can make you feel like the VVIP that you are.
Your Sands Residences home is beautifully designed to reflect the scenery outside. You immediately get a sense of grandeur with the high ceiling and spacious lobby that elegantly combines the sunset and a sandy beach under a clear blue sky.
Like a world-class hotel, it has shops and restaurants at the integrated retail center, a grand lobby, a pool, a gym, function rooms and a sunset lounge overlooking Manila Bay. Enjoy cocktails and drinks with friends at The Bar or simply savor the sights that surround you: a magnificent sunset and cityscapes surrounded by pockets of nature spaces.
SMDC Sands Residences has a professional property management team on call 24/7, so you and your tenants and guests from out of town can be assured of security, maintenance and upkeep all year round. If you are far away from home, Prime Key Leasing Services will take care of all the paperwork, coordination and other arrangements if you want to rent your unit out.
With SMDC Sands Residences, you will have the best that Manila has to offer in a home that surrounds you with the perks and conveniences of the cosmopolitan, on-the-go lifestyle.