Minimalism, simple living, decluttering—no matter how you describe it, the idea is increasingly evolving from being a novelty to a way of life.
Clutter in any aspect of your life can cause anxiety and stress. It can manifest in a mess at home or even too many things on your to-do list.
Take your time and ease into your ideal state of mind with these helpful tips.
1. Visualize your desired outcome. Your environment will play a huge role in affecting your overall state of mind. What would you want your home to look like as you undertake this journey? Make a mood board. Check out Pinterest for inspiration.
2. Let go. Go through your belongings and start paring your stuff down. As Marie Kondo famously put it – ask yourself, “Does this spark joy?” Identify what you really love and what you use, time and time again. Donate the rest to others who can make better use of your unnecessary stuff.
3. Focus on light and cleanliness. Bring as much natural light in and use mirrors to open up the space. Gravitate toward neutral or natural colors for paint and furniture, and use natural finishes like wood, linen, and brass.
4. Be mindful of what you consume. Ask yourself if you really need it. If it is a necessity, could you buy a version that is higher quality that would last much longer? By keeping quality in mind, you avoid cluttering your home with mindless purchases.
5. Prioritize. This journey is very personal. It is up to you what you would like to start with – whether it is the content of your closet or the content of your daily schedule. What is most important to you?
6. Extend minimalism to the way you live. Sometimes it feels like we never have enough space at home or enough time in a day. The truth is, you can make the best of what you have. It is much easier to practice this when you live in a neighborhood that supports your lifestyle by providing facilities that provide everything you need.
Mint Residences is the latest SMDC property that keeps the needs of a minimalist lifestyle in mind. Conveniently located along Chino Roces Avenue in Makati, it is a respite that provides a relaxing, nature-inspired environment for residents who live and work in the area.
The aesthetic of Mint Residences units will appeal to urban dwellers. Apart from the classic nature-inspired design, it has also been outfitted with eco-friendly finishes – a big plus for the conscious consumer.
There is no need to spend on expensive memberships or fees to gyms and entertainment areas since everything you need is right in the property. Commit to your balanced lifestyle by working out at the fitness gym or lap pool. Reduce screen time and spend some time playing with your kids at the play area or the kiddie pool. Wash off the day’s stress with a meditation session at the building’s sky garden.
When you live in a place that considers all that you need, you can simplify your schedule, spend less time in traffic, and focus on the things that truly matter.