Pets fill our days and nights with so much love.
A pet comforts us when we are sad, and brings joy and warmth to our hearts every single day with such a beautiful smile, that wagging tail, and those wet kisses.
Thus, when one loses a pet, it is like losing a part of one’s self. It breaks one’s heart to lose a beloved furbaby. It can be as painful as losing a human loved one for a pet is like a child to us.
It helps somehow to know one’s pet is in good hands even after they have crossed the rainbow bridge.
Because we treat our pets like family, we want the best for them even after death.
To help a pet owner after a pet has crossed, here are available cremation, burial, funeral, and memorial services available in the country.
Pet Cremation Services
The pet crematorium usually offers the following services:
1. Collect your pet from the home or clinic.
2. Cremate your pet’s body at their facility.
3. Return the ashes to you or put in their pet ossuary where ashes are stored in an urn.
There are extra services offered by some pet crematorium. These include:
1. Viewing or funeral service in a chapel. Please visit places that offer pet cremation to be able to check out rooms for a funeral service.
2. Some of the pet’s fur is cut and given back to you.
3. Pawprints on clay mold is given to you.
4. Different kinds of boxes or urn for you to put your pet’s ashes.
You can also request the following depending on the pet crematorium you chose:
1. Visiting hours at the pet crematorium to say your goodbye.
2. An individual cremation for your pet, not with other dead pets.
3. Burial at a pet cemetery.
4. A memorial book entry or a web page for you pet.
Because of the different services offered by pet crematorium, it is best that you call the company first. Tell them what you want and ask if these services are being offered, and how much it will cost.
There are some crematorium that took a week to return the ashes of our rescued dogs. Ask the companies how long it will take for them to cremate your pet’s body and return the ashes to you.
In “Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know About Pet Cremation Services,” beyond.life describes a pet’s ashes for those who are anxious about this part:
“Pet ashes are actually small fragments of bone. As such, they’re usually a pale grey colour. The consistency is like grit or very fine gravel, rather than a powder.”
Suggestions on what to do with the ashes from beyond.life:
1. You can scatter your pet’s ashes in his favorite places like the garden or the beach.
2. You can keep the ashes in the urn at home.
3. You can bury the ashes in a pet cemetery if you are renting or plan to sell your house someday.
4. You can bury the ashes in your backyard if you plan to stay in the same home for the rest of your life.
5. Keep some of the ashes and put in a locket or jar-pendant, then scatter or bury the other ashes.
6. Look for someone who can make an urn that looks like your pet.
Here are some pet crematorium, pet columbary, and pet cemetery in the Philippines:
1. Atienza Pet Crematorium at 300 Ligas2, Bacoor, Cavite
This company offers cremation and funeral services for all kinds of animals.
They guarantee that you will get your pet’s remains, and not that of another pet.
2. Manila Pet Sanctuary
This company offers cremation and funeral services for pets only
You can contact them at 0919 991 8753.
3. Noah's Ark Pet Columbaria in Tagaytay City, Cavite
This pet columbary is located in Paradizoo, a local animal theme park in Tagaytay. It has more than 4,000 vaults reserved for the ashes and bones of deceased pets.
When you purchase a vault, proceeds are donated to animal welfare groups like the Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS), Strike Animal Welfare Society, and Compassion and Responsibility for Animals (CARA) Welfare Philippines.
4. PAWS Shelter In Katipunan, Quezon City
Part of the PAWS shelter has been converted into a mass grave where dead pets who did not die of contagious disease are buried.
Instead of tombstones that can not be put on the mass grave, owners can choose a tile at the PAWS Animal Rehabilitation Center (PARC) Memorial Wall for a fee to remember their pets by.
5.Pet to Nature Philippines at 54 Mayor Gil
Fernando Avenue, San Roque, 1801, Marikina City
Pet to Nature, in their Facebook page, says it is the “pioneer in eco-friendly PET CREMATION services in Manila, Philippines. We provide the most caring and gentle way in saying goodbye to your beloved pets.”
They offer the following:
1. Chapel for pet viewing pre-aquamation
2. 24-hour pick-up (no extra charge for night pick-up) in Metro Manila
3. Cremation using aquamation system which is eco-friendly.
For more information, please send a message through their FB page or contact them at 0917 872 7708.
5. Pet Valley Park and Crematory in Silang,
Their 5,000-square-meter pet cemetery provides full service. They give the owners fur samples and paw prints to remember their pets by.
Owners can visit on All Souls' Day.
7. Precious Paws Aftercare Services in Congressional Extension, Quezon City
“The first pet cremation facility in Quezon City.
When the time comes to say goodbye to our beloved pets, they deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. Here at Precious Paws, we treat pets as family,” says Precious Paws in their Facebook page.
For more information, please contact 0915 881 5288.
8. Rainbow Bridge Pet Aftercare Services in 78 Main Avenue (between 13th and 14th Avenue), Murphy, Brgy. Socorro, Quezon City
This company offers cremation. It can pick up the remains and return the ashes within and outside Metro Manila
They can also cremate other animals, not only cats and dogs.
They can also give owners photos of the pets and customized paperweights if requested for an additional fee.
They also offer to put fur or ashes inside a jewelry upon request.
9. St Francis Animal Clinic In Visayas Avenue, Quezon City
This clinic also offers mass burial and crematory services and give owners keepsake boxes with the pet's photo and paw print mold.
But St Francis Animal Clinic, like PAWS, does not allow visits at the burial site.
10. Vets in Practice Animal Hospital in Mandaluyong, Quezon City
This clinic offers cremation services.
We would like to update this list to help pet owners when the time comes to say goodbye to their beloved furbaby.
Please send us a message via email – [email protected] — if you know of another pet crematorium, columbary, or cemetery in the Philippines. Thank you. DC