Advertisement

10 more villages in QC placed on 'extreme lockdown'

The Quezon City government on Tuesday placed an additional 10 villages under extreme enhanced community quarantine, bringing to 12 the total areas under watch for the COVID-19 coronavirus.

10 more villages in QC placed on 'extreme lockdown'
SOCIAL PRECAUTIONS. The Pasig City government launched Tuesday a mobile market (left photo) to prevent crowd build-up at the city's mega-market in line with the social distancing measures advised by the Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19.
In its official Viber account, the city identified those under extreme lockdown as barangays Ramon Magsaysay, Maharlika, San Isidro Labrador, Tatalon, Damayang Lagi, Batasan Hills, Masagana, Bagong Silangan, Pasong Tamo and Central.

Barangays Tandang Sora and Kalusugan were previously declared under extreme quarantine.

“Barangay Central does not have the coronavirus-19 (COVID-19) patients but will be under extreme enhanced community quarantine due to the presence of the hospitals in the area,” it noted.

The Philippine Heart Center, National Kidney Transplant and Institute, Lung Center of the Philippines and East Avenue Medical Center are located within Barangay Central.

The local government clarified “Barangay Old Balara is NOT included in the extreme enhanced community quarantine because it only has one active case remaining (one died and one recovered).”

On the other hand, “Bagong Lipunan ng Crame, which has three positive patients, is NOT included in the extreme enhanced community quarantine because all three patients belong to only one household,” it noted.

In its latest bulletin, the city government said its health department reported 13 new COVID-19 cases.

As of March 23 at 7 p.m., there were three deaths, bringing the number of fatalities to six.

Six patients were able to recover, the city said.

To date, there are 62 cases of COVID-19 in Quezon City.

The covered courts of the Quezon Memorial Circle and Quezon City University have been identified as isolation areas for persons under investigation and persons under monitoring, while one dormitory and five hotels have been tapped as additional accommodation for health workers.

Meanwhile, the Department of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday vowed to facilitate the repatriation of stranded Filipino seafarers abroad due to travel restrictions imposed by various countries to curb the spread of COVID-19.

Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Civilian Security and Consular Concerns Brigido Dulay made the assurance amid government’s intensified efforts against the virus.

The DFA earlier reported that 153 Filipinos overseas have been infected by COVID-19.

Figures released by the DFA recorded one death, 66 currently undergoing treatment, and 86 who have either recovered or discharged from the hospital.

There are 23 countries or regions with Filipino COVID-19 cases, it added.

Also on Tuesday, youth organizations and student councils urged the government to respect human rights and basic freedoms even during a quarantine. 

10 more villages in QC placed on 'extreme lockdown'
Personnel of the Santa Ana Police Station 6 in Manila hang plastic protective shields as an emergency measure against the pandemic, with people going in and out of the station.
The National Youth Task Force for Human Rights also criticized the government’s failure to support frontliners in the health crisis and the poor. 

The group also hit government officials who spoke of suspending human rights and basic freedoms during a health crisis. With Willie Casas

READ: PH cases hit 462, deaths climb to 33

Topics: Quezon City , extreme enhanced community quarantine , coronavirus-19
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement