More policemen have been dragged into the illegal drug controversy with at least 100 new names added to the list of protectors, pushers or users during their tour of duty.
Newly posted Central Luzon police director Chief Supt. Aaron Aquino said Friday they had more cops reportedly involved in illegal drugs operation in the region.
Aquino’s disclosure came a day after President Rodrigo Duterte exposed the supposed drug triad composed of prominent convicted members of Chinese drug syndicates now incarcerated at the New Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa City.
“We will make a report and their profile will be determined for the eventual filing of administrative cases,” Aquino said during the first provincial visit of PNP Chief Ronaldo dela Rosa at Camp Tolentino in Balanga, Bataan.
There are 11,600 policemen assigned in Central Luzon, the bulk of which are posted in Bulacan and Pampanga.
President Duterte on Tuesday accused three active police generals and two former police officials as having links to illegal drugs.
Last week, 11 police officers tested positive to drugs in a random test in Camp Crame. On Friday, three policemen including a middle-grade officer tested positive for drugs during a weeklong drug test among policemen in Central Luzon.