Advertisement

NBI forensic results on Dacera out soon

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Monday the National Bureau of Investigation is expected to come out with the results of its forensic examination on the death of Christine Dacera case within the week.

However, Guevarra said they would not be releasing additional information for the time being pending the completion of the NBI’s forensic examination of Dacera.

“The NBI will come out with the forensic results in less than a week,” Guevarra said in a text message to reporters.

“More prudent to await further narrative accounts and the results of the NBI forensic examination.”

Meanwhile, an official of the Philippine Marine Corps said no military regulations were violated when some of its reservists helped carry the casket of Dacera, the 23-year-old flight attendant who died after a New Year's Eve party in Makati City, during her burial in General Santos City on Sunday.

"There was no military regulation or policy violated. This does not in any way demean anybody and I assure you that we are one with our investigating agencies in finding out the real truth behind her death," said PMC commandant Major Gen. Ariel Caculitan in a statement Sunday. He said the reservists were not prohibited from doing such task.

Last week, the Department of Justice ordered the NBI to investigate the Dacera case following a police investigation that he described as “not thorough enough.”

Dacera was found lifeless inside a hotel room in Makati City after a New Year's Eve celebration with her friends. The reported cause of death was a ruptured aortic aneurysm, but her family believes she was drugged and sexually abused.

Some of Dacera’s friends who were with her at the Makati hotel said they did not rape or kill Dacera.

Guevarra said the NBI had already identified the occupants of the other hotel room where Dacera went a number of times before her death.

“The NBI knows the name of the person who registered at the reception and the faces/names of the other persons in room 2207,” Guevarra said.

NBI investigators have also required 11 people to appear at the NBI yesterday to give their testimonies.

The Makati City prosecutors will start the preliminary investigation into the criminal complaint filed by the police against Dacera's friends on Jan. 13.

After the preliminary investigation, the city prosecutors will determine whether or not to file charges against the respondents.

Topics: Menardo Guevarra , National Bureau of Investigation , Christine Dacera
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement