Typhoon Neneng, the latest weather disturbance to hit the country this year, left an estimated P182 million worth of damage to agriculture in the Ilocos Region and Cagayan province, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC).
Hardest hit was Cagayan province in Region 2 which suffered to agriculture worth P174 million, but this was not included in the NDRRMC report.
The NDRRMC placed crop losses in Region 1 at P7.7 million.
The agency said at least 503.57 hectares of agricultural lands were affected by flooding in the region, affecting a total of 1,124 farmers and fishermen.
According to the Cagayan Provincial Information Office, the initial report of the Office of the Provincial Agriculturist on Monday indicated that the damage on rice and corn fields, as well as on fisheries in the province costs more than P174.22 million.
Meanwhile, damage to infrastructure in Regions 1, 2 and the Cordillera Region was placed at P81.55 million, the NDRRMC said.
The NDRRMC said power supply in 30 cities and municipalities were disrupted, but so far, electricity has been restored in 17 areas.
President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. said government field workers were working round-the-clock to restore power and clear blocked roads in Neneng-hit areas.
The number of damaged houses reached 38, with 36 of them partially damaged while two were severely destroyed.
The NDRRMC reported that 29,544 families or 103,662 individuals were affected by Neneng, which pummeled Luzon last week. They come from 331 barangays in the Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley and Cordillera Administrative Region.
Of this number, 601 families or 1,865 people remain in evacuation centers.
Two people were injured, but there were no deaths or missing persons recorded, the NDRRMC said.
The agency also reported that around P2.7 million worth of aid in the form of food packs, hygiene kits, sleeping materials, and relief assistance were distributed to affected communities.
Neneng, which made landfall in Cagayan on Sunday, has left the Philippine area of responsibility by Monday.
Meanwhile, 601 families or 1,865 individuals have sought refuge in 71 evacuation centers. Some affected families have returned to their homes, while others were staying with friends and relatives.
Undergoing validation are reports of two persons injured in Cagayan Valley. There are still no reports of fatalities or missing individuals as of this time.