The Philippine National Police spokesperson on Friday reiterated that operations in connection with the government's ongoing anti-drug campaign are legitimate.
PNP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac was reacting to the International Criminal Court's latest claim of rape and other abuses in the government's campaign against illegal drugs.
Banac said the rehashed narratives of alleged abuses remain unproven and devoid of truth from the beginning but had been repeatedly told and retold over and over again to make it sound factual.
“The PNP maintains the regularity of all police operations in its major campaigns against crime, illegal drugs, and terrorism where the possibility of armed confrontation with suspects is always present,” Banac said.