The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Thursday defended the integrity of its investigation into the gun-related incident at the Senate on May 13, 2026 and rejected claims that CCTV footage presented to the public had been manipulated.
PNP Chief General Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. issued a statement defending the dedicated teams of investigators, who worked hard meticulously poring over the pieces of evidence amid calls for truth and demands for accountability.
This was in direct response to suspended Senate Office of the Sergeant-at-Arms (OSAA) Chief Mao Aplasca, who was quoted in news reports claiming that the CCTV videos authorities presented were “spliced” to fit a particular narrative.
“The integrity of our investigative process is paramount and the footage we presented is authentic, time-stamped, and direct from the source, leaving no room for claims of manipulation,” Nartatez said.
Questions were raised regarding the sequence and presentation of CCTV clips related to the incident, but the PNP chief maintained that the footage was part of the official evidence gathered during the investigation.
He also stressed that investigators remain open to further technical review if needed to preserve public trust in the ongoing probe.
“We remain fully transparent and welcome any objective, expert validation of these files, as our only objective is to present the unvarnished truth of the events that transpired at the Senate,” Nartatez said.
Reaffirming the PNP’s commitment to an impartial investigation and public accountability, the top cop also emphasized that the evidence will speak for itself in court.
“We assure the public that the PNP is committed to a fair, impartial, and transparent investigation,” Nartatez said.
The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) recommended filing criminal charges before the Department of Justice against Aplasca and two other OSAA personnel over the shooting incident.






