Monday, May 18, 2026
Today's Print

7 Pinoys safe after drone attack in Hormuz

Seven Filipino seafarers injured in a drone attack in the Strait of Hormuz earlier this week are safe, the Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) reported on Thursday.

Migrant Workers Secretary Cacdac said all seven Filipino crew members survived the incident and are currently receiving medical treatment in a hospital.

- Advertisement -

“All seafarers are okay. They are alive. They survived the attack,” Cacdac told reporters during a briefing at Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Pasay.

According to him, four of the seven seafarers sustained minor injuries, while the remaining three are under intensive care treatment.

The attack reportedly occurred Tuesday as the vessel was transiting the Strait of Hormuz, a key global shipping route that has long been vulnerable to security threats and regional tensions involving Iran and the United States.

The DMW, through its Migrant Workers Offices, is closely coordinating with hospital authorities to monitor the condition of the injured seafarers and to ensure they receive proper medical treatment and care. 

The department also emphasized that the government continues to closely monitor the situation and provide the necessary assistance to the seafarers and their families, in line with the directive of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.

Editor’s Note: This story has been updated. Originally posted with the headline “DMW vows aid for 7 Filipino seafarers hurt in Strait of Hormuz attack.”

- Advertisement -

Leave a review

RECENT STORIES

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
spot_img
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
Popular Categories
- Advertisement -spot_img