Vice President Sara Duterte said she has reached out to Senator Ronald ‘Bato’ dela Rosa and his family following reports of an alleged International Criminal Court (ICC) arrest order, offering to connect him with a British counsel specializing in international law based in England.
In a chance interview with reporters at Himamaylan, Negros Occidental on Tuesday, November 11, Duterte said she had earlier advised Dela Rosa to prepare for any possible developments related to the ICC case.
“As early as April of this year, I already told Sen. Bato Dela Rosa to prepare for whatever possibilities regarding the ICC case,” she said in mix of English and Filipino.
“And I also told him that his preparation would begin with him choosing an international law expert and a lawyer with experience in the ICC, so that he could be given advice on what he should do,” the vice president added.
Duterte said she recommended a British counsel based in England, who specializes in international law should the senator consider seeking legal assistance. She said she relayed this message through Dela Rosa’s son, Rocky.
“I spoke with Rocky dela Rosa. And I told Rocky that if Senator Bato dela Rosa is interested, I can recommend him a British counsel based in England, an international law expert,” she said.
Earlier, Ombudsman Jesus Crispin Remulla revealed that he has the ‘unofficial’ copy of the ICC’s arrest warrant for Dela Rosa.







