Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Benjamin Acorda Jr. on Monday said they have already identified a suspect in the killing of radio broadcaster Cresenciano Bunduquin in Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro last week.
“Based on the updates from our regional offices kay PRO (Police Regional Office) 4B, the case, is I think it’s ready for filing, identified na rin yung second suspect and we will give the specifics, especially the names once they will be able to file the case. I was assured by the regional director (Brig. Gen. Joel Doria) that the investigation that is being done is foolproof,” Acorda told reporters during Monday’s press briefing held at Camp Crame.
Acorda also said they have also received “some information” regarding the suspect’s location.
“With regards to the motive, wala pa tayo (we don’t have it yet) and at the same time they had raised P150,000 for the arrest of this second suspect,” he added.
Bunduquin, the host of the Ayos Mandin show on dwXR 101.7 Kalahi FM, was gunned down in front of a store along C5 Road at Barangay Sta. Isabel in Calapan City on May 31. He was rushed to the nearest hospital but was declared dead on arrival.
Also on May 31, one of the suspects in the shooting was shot dead by the responding authorities.
Earlier, the Presidential Task Force on Media Security announced a P50,000 reward to anyone who can give information that could lead to the arrest of the gunman who remains at large.