The Philippine National Police-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) is just awaiting the commitment order from the Manila Regional Trial Court to determine where Former Senior Supt. Cezar Mancao will be detained.
This comes, after Mancao surrendered to the PNP-CIDG-National Capital Region in Camp Crame last Monday and the arrest warrant for him was subsequently returned to the court on Tuesday morning.
PNP-CIDG-NCR Head Belli Tamayo says, Mancao will not get any VIP treatment from them even if he is a member of Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Batch '86, where PNP Chief Ronald Dela Rosa and PNP-CIDG Chief Roel Obusan also belong.
But at the same time, Tamayo also stressed, “there is a need for us to separate him from other detainees like drug suspects and the Abu Sayyaf [members].”
Mancao, who headed the defunct Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Task Force (PAOCTF)-Task Group Luzon, is facing criminal cases in connection with the double murder of publicist Salvador “Bubby” Dacer and his driver Emmanuel Corbito in November 2000.
He escaped from the National Bureau of Investigation in May 2013.
He said he was frustrated because all the other principal accused in the crime had been set free, yet he languished in jail.