The third suspect in the attempted bombing near the US Embassy in Manila has been arrested.
PNP National Capital Region Director Oscar Bayalde presented Muhammad Tomao-as in a press briefing at the PNP Headquarters in Camp Crame.
“Part sya ng group nag-iwan ng IED sa Baywalk (he is part of the group that left an improvised explosive device at Baywalk),” Albayalde said.
The suspect was nabbed on December 3, 2016 in Barangay Sta. Ana, Bulakan, Bulacan.
Muhammad is an X-ray technician in a hospital.
He is among the five men who allegedly plotted to bomb Manila last November 23, 2016.
They are all said to be members of the Ansar Al-Khilafah terror group in the Philippines that is trying to be recognized by ISIS international terrorist organization.
Two suspects had been previously arrested.
One of them was Rayson Kilala alias Rashid.
Albayalde said, Muhammad thought that police have already stopped the manhunt for 3 remaining suspects when Rashid was nabbed.
“Nagtago sya nung naaresto si Rashid. Nung me lull, pumasok siya sa ospital. Kukunin sana nya ang gamit nya. Doon na sya naaresto (he went into hiding when Rashid was arrested. When there was a lull, he entered the hospital. He wanted to get his belongings. It was there where he was nabbed),” Albayalde said.
A .45-caliber handgun and a hand grenade were seized from the suspect.
He faces charges of illegal possession of firearms and explosive device.