July 25, 2021 at 09:00 pm
Manila Standard Lifestyle
Nothing beats the classics, they say. To that, these two dishes say, the thing that beats the classics are well-seasoned, tasty classics.
Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation launched its new product, Sarsaya Liquid Seasoning made “to upgrade ordinary dishes into special meals that families will love”. It features a well-rounded profile that blends notes of saltiness, sweetness, and savoriness (or umami). It comes in 250ml bottle and 25ml sachet.
2 tbsp. cooking oil
5-6 slices bangus (milkfish)
2 tbsp. sliced red onions
2 tsp. minced garlic
50ml Sarsaya Liquid Seasoning
1/2 tsp. pepper, whole
30ml calamansi juice
1. Heat oil in a pan. Fry bangus until brown on all sides. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté onion and garlic. Add fried bangus.
3. Add Sarsaya Liquid Seasoning and pepper.
4. Add water and calamansi juice, simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat. Serve.
5 tsp. cooking oil
2 tbsp. chopped red onion
4 tsp. minced garlic
150g pork liempo, chopped
90g shrimp, chopped
35g carrots, sliced
35g sayote, sliced
25g bell pepper, sliced
110g cabbage, chopped
2 1/2 cups water
25ml Sarsaya Liquid Seasoning
1 tsp. pepper
1 pack Super Q Golden Bihon (200g)
1. Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add pork and shrimp. Cook until meat is brown.
2. Add carrots, sayote, bell pepper, cabbage, and chicharo. Toss for 1 minute. Add water and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add Sarsaya Liquid Seasoning and pepper. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Scoop vegetable and meat out of the pan; leave the liquid.
4. Add Super Q Golden Bihon in the pan. Boil for 5-10 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked. Toss in vegetables and meat with the noodles. Serve.