4 QC areas under special lockdown

posted January 20, 2021 at 11:05 pm
by  Rio N. Araja
The Quezon City government has placed four new areas under special concern lockdown, following an increase in the number of cases after the holiday season.

Mayor Joy Belmonte identified the four lockdown areas are No. 62 Agno Extension in Barangay Tatalon; No. 1 Salary Street in Barangay Sangandaan; No. 54 Interior, Magsalin Street in Barangay Apolonio Samson; and 9C, 9D, 97 La Felonila Street in Barangay Damayang Lagi, increasing the total number of lockdown areas to six.

“These granular lockdowns are our immediate and proactive response to control the situation in these areas. Since last year, our special concern lockdowns have been proven effective in controlling the spread of the disease among neighbors and families,” she said.

The City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU) imposes special concern lockdowns in areas where clustering and possible community transmission have been observed to curtail the further spread of the virus.

At least 60 families have been affected in Agno Extension in Barangay Tatalon, while Salary Street in Barangay Sangandaan has five families under strict quarantine.

On Magsalin Street, CESU has identified 14 index cases with 60 families under lockdown, while 150 families are affected in La Felonila Street.

“All families in these areas will undergo swab testing to identify other infected individuals. However, even if they tested negative, all would still have to finish the 14-day mandatory quarantine period to check if they will develop any symptoms during the said period,” CESU chief Dr. Rolly Cruz said.

The MCP Homeowners Association and a portion of the Pingkian 1, Central B in Barangay Pasong Tamo have been under special concern lockdown since Jan. 7 and Jan. 14, respectively.

Some 48 individuals in MCP HOA have undergone swab testing and all tested negative.

“We are working closely with the affected barangays to ensure that the quarantine period will be properly implemented and that their needs will also be provided,” Belmonte said.

The city government provides all families under quarantine with food packs and other necessities.

Topics: Quezon City , special concern lockdown , coronavirus disease , holiday season
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by The Standard. Comments are views by thestandard.ph readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of thestandard.ph. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with The Standard editorial standards, The Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.