Taguig City sees active virus cases down to just 62

posted November 30, 2020 at 10:40 pm
by  Joel E. Zurbano
The number of individuals infected with coronavirus disease continued to drop in Taguig City with only 62 active cases as of Monday. 

The city also has the lowest number of active cases per 100,000 population in Metro Manila, with only six active cases.

Latest data from the City Epidemiology Disease and Surveillance Unit (CEDSU) showed that Taguig has 43 new cases and 46 recoveries. The total number of confirmed cases in the city stands at 9,539 as recoveries have reached 9,380, which is a 98.33-percent recovery rate.

No new fatalities were reported as of Monday, thus the city’s case fatality rate is at 1.02 percent with the cumulative death toll remaining at 97.

CEDSU also stated that the increase in reported cases indicates how the government works hard to deliver its services to the people through active case finding and testing.

So far, the city government conducted a total of 79,520 swab tests through Systematic, Mass Approach Responsible Testing (SMART) program.

Mayor Lino Edgardo Cayetano said despite having early COVID-19 cases in March, Taguig is among the cities with the lowest active cases in the National Capital Region because of its aggressive approach in implementing rules and regulations.

As the holiday season draws near, Cayetano reminded residents and business establishments to always observe healthy and safety protocols in the community and ordered the city police and local government unit enforcers to strictly implement the government guidelines.

“We want to avoid a spike in numbers of infection this coming holiday season. Taguigeños should take extra precaution and follow our health and safety protocols,” said Cayetano.

“Strict enforcement of guidelines is our key to safety. Through this, we will continue to yield to adapt to the new normal and gradually open our economy,” he added.

Topics: coronavirus disease , Taguig City , swab tests , Lino Edgardo Cayetano
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by The Standard. Comments are views by thestandard.ph readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of thestandard.ph. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with The Standard editorial standards, The Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.