For many, pets are family. And family members deserve to live in a place that makes them feel safe and at home. A pet store offers tips to make the living space pet-friendly.
- Create a cozy corner for your pet. By assigning their place with a comfortable bed, you will be able to train them to stay in their place when they rest and unwind. For small breeds and small pets like cats who like to cling to their pet parents, putting a small bedding area for them in the living room or under the dining space will make feel them secure and safe.
- Have a clean designated dining space for your pet. Do not forget to store pet food that is out of their reach. Busy fur-parents may get an automated pet feeder so mealtimes are fun and on schedule.
- Organize your pet’s needs and accessories in a shelf or cabinet. Remember to keep it within your reach. Hide their pet bowls and litter box. Cat owners are advised to give their feline friends some privacy by putting a small screen on their litter box in a corner.
- Pet-proof your home. Set up a retractable fence to set boundaries between your and your pet’s space.
- Keep your pets active. Give your dog something to chew on like treats or rubber toys; while cats should have a scratching post or climbing trees. Dogs love to bathe and play in wet areas, so provide them a platform for their muddy paws and a quick wash after a play.
- Keep pet areas clean and sanitized. As you bathe and groom your pet, you should keep their area clean and germ-free. Use pet-friendly disinfectant and cleaners.
For pet parents who need to buy something for their furry family members, Pet Express has an online store at www.petexpress.com.ph, a call and collect service in select branches, and a “pawsonal” shopper service available through 0917-809-1864.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.