Keeping virus from entering our households has been one of our priorities since the pandemic started. It’s recommended that whenever we return home to sanitize immediately, ourselves and the objects we took with us.
SM Home shares a DIY sanitation station guide to keep home safe and disinfected.
1. Set up a table and a mobile trolley near the door entrance. Put all the sanitizing essentials such as hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, and disinfectant spray on the trolley and organize them in storage trays.
2. Have a fill of sprayers with alcohol and disinfectants. Choose an EPA-registered disinfectant, a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol, and a contactless soap dispenser that can be used to disinfect and wash hands.
3. Have a waste bin to properly dispose used masks and gloves, or a designated laundry basket for reusable masks.
4. Put a shoe rack and a disinfecting mat outside. Have a foot bath on the disinfecting mat before putting the shoes on the rack. Always keep the mat clean before and after use.
5. If needed, set-up a makeshift changing room with curtain, and ready a laundry basket for changing.
6. Sterilize the area with UV light. Use pocket UV sterilizer in sanitizing gadgets, keys, wallet, and doorknobs. Do not forget to keep the sanitation station clean.