Keeping virus from entering our households has been one of our priorities since the pandemic started. It’s recommended that whenever we return home to sanitize immediately, ourselves and the objects we took with us.
SM Home shares a DIY sanitation station guide to keep home safe and disinfected.
1. Set up a table and a mobile trolley near the door entrance. Put all the sanitizing essentials such as hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, and disinfectant spray on the trolley and organize them in storage trays.
2. Have a fill of sprayers with alcohol and disinfectants. Choose an EPA-registered disinfectant, a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol, and a contactless soap dispenser that can be used to disinfect and wash hands.
3. Have a waste bin to properly dispose used masks and gloves, or a designated laundry basket for reusable masks.
4. Put a shoe rack and a disinfecting mat outside. Have a foot bath on the disinfecting mat before putting the shoes on the rack. Always keep the mat clean before and after use.
5. If needed, set-up a makeshift changing room with curtain, and ready a laundry basket for changing.
6. Sterilize the area with UV light. Use pocket UV sterilizer in sanitizing gadgets, keys, wallet, and doorknobs. Do not forget to keep the sanitation station clean.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.