By Cho Lo Lobo
Our family is always on the hunt for pet-friendly establishments. Well, mostly beach resorts because my humans love water and I love the sand.
We probably still have more or less five months to go around the country before my humans go back to Australia (I will follow in six months’ time) and explore more of pet-friendly places so we are very keen to know more!
Oh by the way, when we say pet-friendly, we mean that I, a five-year-old shih tzu, will be allowed to sleep with my humans on the bed.
We need to clarify this because some beach resorts claim they are pet-friendly when they require humans to put their pets in cages or carriers outside the rooms at night time. Boo!
Here are some of the places we have visited and enjoyed:
1. Stilts Beach in Calatagan, Batangas
This was our family’s first-ever beach getaway five years ago and where my humans received their guests after their church wedding. So yeah, obviously, this is on top of our list. A very pet and eco-friendly, clean and serene beach resort. With a bonus of super helpful, polite and efficient staff!
2. Acuaverde Beach Resort in San Juan, Batangas
I already have a loyalty card with them since we have been there countless times already!
Pets get to have a welcome pack while humans get to have their welcome drinks!
They have a doggie play area too.
This is a certified pet-friendly resort.
3. Laiya Coco Grove in San Juan, Batangas
4. The Farm at San Benito in Lipa, Batangas
5. Camp Nalu in Baler, Aurora
6. Kingsurfer’s Beach in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
7. Estro’s Place in San Juan, La Union
8. Crystal Beach Resort in San Narciso, Zambales
9. El Pescador in Bolinao, Pangasinan
10. The Carmelence View, Tagaytay
This is the perfect staycation ( not a beach resort).
We are now looking forward to our upcoming trips to Numana Farm in Bulacan and Hidden Valley Springs & Paradise Island in Laguna, I can’t wait to visit these places!
Our favorite play areas are:
1. Luneta Park
3. Roxas Boulevard
4. Harbor Square in CCP Complex
5. Baypark Hoops in Malate
Here are some tips to remember for responsible furparenthood:
1. Always clean after your furbabies. ALWAYS! No excuses!!!
2. Always bring an extra mat for the hotel/resort beds and your furbaby’s bath towel.
3. Aways put a leash/lead on your furbabies.
4. Of course, do not ever forget your furbaby’s water and food bowl. And their water and food.
5. Remember to bring your FIRST AID KIT.
6. Always have spare dog food and cat food for the stray dogs and cats.
My humans are still learning about furparenthood.
Every time we travel or go out, they get to learn something new from meeting other furparents and furbabies which is one fun way of learning!