Put a twist to the usual ordering-in-and-dining-at-home set-up that’s been popular amid the pandemic with a little twist—picnic-style.
Known originally for its Laing Longganisa, Bicol Express Longganisa, and other Bicolano food products, Que Rica by Chef Rica Buenaflor offers a picnic bundle complete with food and picnic essentials.
The Que Rica Romantic Picnic Set is put together by Chef Rica’s team, with each item carefully prepared and wrapped so its recipients get to enjoy a special, hassle-free picnic. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to prepare the picnic set for two:
1. Set the mood by way of the special Spotify playlist curated by the Que Rica team (just scan the QR code on the card). Prefer to Netflix and chill? The team also picked out a few Netflix hits for you.
2. In the kitchen, prepare the Bicol Express Longganisa and Spicy Pork Laing Longganisa sampler (350g, four pieces each variant) by slicing them into bite sizes and serving as a skewer appetizer. Cooking instructions are available on Que Rica’s YouTube channel.
3. Deep-fry the rainbow-colored Rakenrol Chips (multi-colored cassava chips) that’s perfect with the microwavable Sinantolan Dip (minced cotton fruit in coconut milk).
4. Prepare to bake the Pili Chocolate Chip Cookies (half a dozen) in an oven. This bestseller could be a fun activity for couples. How-to-make video is also available on the brand’s YouTube channel.
5. On a charcuterie board, place the Pili Nuts with Truffle Pecorino (50g) with some crackers and cheese. This is perfect with the two bottles of Lolea Mini Sangria included in the kit.
6. Set the atmosphere with a mood candle, some dried flowers, and an upcycled heart-shaped decor in denim made by Bicolano artist Bidibidi—which are also part of the set.
7. Exchange some love notes written on a card by Bicolano artist Pen Prestado.
All the aforementioned goods are delivered in a special canvas tote. The Romantic Picnic Set is priced at P1,900 and available at querica.ph
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.