Looking for new recipes to try at home or perhaps include in your online food business venture?
BEGINNER: The following recipes feature chocolate milk drink Swiss Miss from Universal Robina Corporation.
Swiss Miss Ice
1 pack Swiss Miss
1 glass milk
1. Dissolve Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate in warm water. Pour into ice tray and freeze for at least 3 hours.
2. Take out Swiss Miss cubes and place into a glass. Pour a glass of milk and serve.
Swiss Miss Mug Cake
1 pack Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Mix Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate, flour, and sugar in a bowl. Add milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir well.
2. Divide and pour batter into two microwaveable cups. Microwave in high power for 2 minutes or use steam in high heat for 15 minutes.
3. Let it cool for 1 minute then top with ice cream and enjoy.
INTERMEDIATE: Create these two recipes using quality cookware that elevates home cooking experience.
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Serves: 4-5 | Use: non-stick Beka Nomad Wok Ingredients:
500g Doña Elena Al Dente Linguine
2 tbsp. Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil
1/3 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. red chili flakes (optional)
1/2 kilo medium shrimp, peeled with tail on
1/2 cup Doña Elena White Wine
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 pc. lemon, juiced and zest grated
8 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to cooking instructions on the packaging.
2. In a Beka Nomad Wok, melt the butter together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat. Stir occasionally until bubbles subside and color starts to turn light brown.
3. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Pour in the wine and let it reduce for a minute.
4. Add the shrimp and remaining ingredients. Cook until shrimp has turned pink. Toss in the cooked pasta to coat. Remove from heat and serve.
Zucchini Spice Muffins
Yields: 6 | Use: Cuisinart Smart Stick Powertrio hand blenderIngredients:
1/2 cup toasted, cooked walnuts
1 pc. medium zucchini, trimmed and cut to fit the feed tube of the
1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
1 pc. large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. table salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 6-cup regular muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl. Add the toasted nuts and pulse until chopped. Remove and set aside.
3. Replace the chopping blade with the shredding disc. Shred the zucchini, and then remove to squeeze as much of the liquid out of it as possible (you should end up with about 2 cups of shredded zucchini). Put in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the brown sugar and egg to the shredded zucchini, mix to fully combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.