Advertisement

Vendor in robbery gone viral dies

The food vendor who was robbed and shot in the neck during a robbery-holdup in Manila last week, which went viral on social media, has died. He was 41.

Samson Bautista died after major surgery at the Philippine General Hospital, his sister Sydney Bautista said.

Bautista was shot in the neck at the Baseco Compound after the suspect, Alexander Ogdamina tried but failed to take his bag at gunpoint.

 During his arrest last Wednesday, Ogdamina admitted to using illegal drugs. 

 Ogdamina also said Bautista’s death could have been avoided “if he had just handed over his bag.”

Bautista’s remains have been returned to his hometown of Tiaong, Quezon. He left behind his wife and their three children.

Topics: food vendor , robbery-holdup , Samson Bautista , Baseco Compound , Alexander Ogdamina
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementSpeaker GMA
Advertisement