Advertisement

AirAsia cancels four PH-Korea services amid COVID-19 threat

Air Asia Philippines said Tuesday it canceled several flights between the Philippines and South Korea amid the coronavirus disease 2019 threat.

These include selected flights between Manila and Seoul-Incheon, Cebu and Seoul-Incheon, Kalibo and Seoul-Incheon and Kalibo and Busan. 

The budget carrier said flights to South Korea from Clark would continue their normal operations as well as selected flights from Manila, Cebu and Kalibo. 

“AirAsia assures that the safety and well-being of our guests and Allstars is our top priority. AirAsia is complying with advice and regulations from the local government, civil aviation authorities, global and local health agencies, including the World Health Organization,” the airline said. 

AirAsia said it was closely monitoring the situation and would announce further policies according to the latest developments.

AirAsia earlier canceled flights such as those to/from mainland China cities (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Shanghai), Hong Kong and Macao because of the travel ban imposed by the Philippine government.

Flights from the Philippines to Taipei and Kaohsiung resumed on Feb. 20.

Cebu Pacific canceled flights between the Philippines and South Korea from March 3 to April 30 while Philippine Airlines reduced the number of flights between Manila and South Korea in March because on the latest travel restrictions imposed by the Philippine government in the interest of public health and safety.

AirAsia operates several flights to and from Manila, Davao, Cebu, Kalibo, Caticlan (Boracay), Tacloban, Tagbilaran (Bohol), Puerto Princesa (Palawan), Clark and Iloilo in the Philippines.

It operates international flights to and from Shanghai, Taipei, Incheon (Seoul), Hong Kong, Macau, Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Guangzhou, Vietnam, Shenzhen, Kaohshing, Bali, Shenzhen, Indonesia, Singapore and Japan.

F&S Holdings Inc. of House Deputy Speaker Michael Romero and Shiela Romero owns 60 percent of AirAsia Philippines, while AirAsia Bread founders Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Menardum control the remaining 40 percent.

Topics: Air Asia Philippines , coronavirus disease 2019 , South Korea , Michael Romero , Shiela Romero
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Congress Trivia 1
Advertisement