Foreign portfolio investments inyielded net outflows of $24 million in September, a reversal from the net inflows of $12 million in August, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas said Thursday.
The BSP said in a statement this resulted from the $1.21-billion gross outflows and $1.19-billion gross inflows in September.
“The $1.19-billion registered investments for September 2021 reflected a 47.3-percent [or by $381 million] increase compared to the $807 million recorded in August 2021,” the BSP said.
Majority of investments (or 74.3 percent) registered were in Philippine Stock Exchange-listed securities while the remaining 25.7 percent went to investments in peso government securities.
The United Kingdom, the United States, Switzerland, Hong Kong and Singapore were the top five investor countries in September with combined share of 84.4 percent.