As far as high-end consumer tech goes, there’s no better embodiment of its cutting-edge nature than the Huawei P30 Pro. Critics and consumers have agreed that the P30 Pro’s abundance of innovative refinements—especially the upgraded cameras—make it the must-have smartphone of the year.
Given how much technology Huawei has fitted into the P30 Pro’s beautifully futuristic frame, users should keep discovering more to love with the device long after they’ve unboxed it. As such, here are five cool features to help P30 Pro owners master their new phone:
1. Use the P30 Pro like a tape measure—Thanks to its sophisticated camera technology, the P30 Pro can now use the AR Measure app to measure the length, total area and volume of objects with impressive accuracy—just point the camera at the desired object to get a real-time measurement. The AR Measure functionality comes with EMUI 9.1 introduced on the P30 Pro, making it the newest OS version on any Huawei device, but the rest of the world isn’t far behind. EMUI 9.0 has already gained 80 million installations globally, and Huawei expects the figure to hit 100 million by the end of June 2019. Such a speedy rollout and adoption rate ensures that majority of devices constantly receive new features and security updates.
2. Dual View Video Recording—The P30 Pro’s new Dual View Video mode, which simultaneously records in wide-angle and zoomed-in perspectives, gives users more creative freedom. This new feature comes particularly useful during sporting events or concerts, as the telephoto lens can magnify the subject of choice while capturing surrounding elements (crowd reactions, landscapes) with the wide-angle lens. Huawei is the first to employ such a video mode on a mobile camera, so P30 Pro owners are sure to generate buzz with their amazing clips.
3. Let Nature Paint your Lifestyle with New Colorways—Huawei maintains its distinction as a fashion-forward tech brand by introducing spectacular new color variants for the P30 Pro: Amber Sunrise, Aurora, and Breathing Crystal. In choosing these particular colorways, Huawei invokes the emotional connection we have towards mesmerizing natural phenomena and how they paint our environments in wonderful hues when seasons change. With this, consumers can further personalize their fashion ensemble through the P30 Pro’s captivating designs.
4. Share the Power with Wireless Reverse Charging—The P30 Pro’s massive 4200 mAh battery not only powers the phone through the day and beyond, it extends the uptime of other devices too. With Reverse Wireless Charging, users can simply stack another wireless charging-capable device on the P30 Pro’s back and top up that device when the situation calls for it.
5. Snap Light Painting Shots Like a Pro—Huawei continues its mobile photography winning streak with the P30 Pro’s new Quad-Camera System. Co-engineered with long-time partner Leica, the Huawei P30 Pro’s new quartet of lenses are bursting with photographical power that’s most evident in its Light Painting mode. Basically a time-lapse long exposure mode for stills, Light Painting mode lets users capture Traffic Trails and Silky Waves with a little help from a tripod for maximum effect. The results are stunning and dramatic enough for display in an exhibition or gallery.
Consumers who choose the P30 Pro as their new device gets more than an industry-leading smartphone camera; they get to experience product support and innovation that goes above and beyond customer satisfaction, which Huawei is steadfastly committed in providing now and well into the future.