Advertisement

McCartney to headline 50th Glastonbury festival

Paul McCartney will take star billing at next year’s Glastonbury when the legendary British music festival marks its 50th anniversary, organizers said.

McCartney to headline 50th Glastonbury festival
McCartney previously headlined Glastonbury in 2004.
Glastonbury co-organizer Emily Eavis said the former Beatle would headline the Pyramid Stage on June 27—the traditional highlight of the event in Somerset, south-west England.

“Having Paul McCartney coming back to headline the Pyramid next year is an absolute dream come true,” she said in a statement on the festival website on Monday.

“There really was no one that we wanted more for the 50th anniversary.”

McCartney previously headlined Glastonbury in 2004. This year’s headliner was grime star  Stormzy.

He dropped hints on his Twitter feed before the announcement by posting photographs of the composer Philip Glass, actress Emma Stone and the musician Chuck Berry—Glass-Stone-Berry.

All 135,000 tickets for the 50th anniversary festival went on sale last month and sold out in 34 minutes, organizers said. 

Topics: Paul McCartney , Glastonbury , Emily Eavis , Chuck Berry , Pyramid Stage
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Working Pillars of the House
Advertisement