A Makati court on Friday ordered alleged drug lord Peter Lim barred from leaving the country as a result of the criminal case against him.
The Makati Regional Trial Court’s Branch 65 also ordered the Bureau of Immigration to prevent the 72-year-old Lim from leaving as a result of the drug conspiracy charges against him.
The court upheld the Justice department’s resolution finding probable cause against Lim and the other suspects in the case.
The Philippine National Police and the National Bureau of Investigation said they were now looking for Lim.
PNP Spokesman Bong Durana said tracker teams had been formed to look for Lim.
“We have tracker teams running after him, so we appeal to the public: If you have information that would lead to the whereabouts of Peter Lim, we will be happy to look into it,” Durana told reporters.
The Justice Department said Lim was a flight risk, and that his resources would enable him to flee the country to escape prosecution.
Lim’s exact whereabouts are known. An arrest warrant is out against him but the Makati court has not received a return warrant as of Friday afternoon.
Last week, after Lim was indicted, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said the Cebu-based businessman was “supposed to be in the country.”
Lim faces charges for conspiracy to commit illegal drug trading with self-confessed drug distributor Kerwin Espinosa, former Espinosa associate Marcelo Adorco and Ruel Malindangan.
Malindangan is also at large.