Advertisement

19 Filipinos injured in Rome mishap

The Department of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday said 19 Filipinos were injured in a road mishap involving a public utility vehicle in Italy last week.

DFA’s Chargé d’Affaires Candy S. Cypres-Buazon said the accident happened in Via Cassia, north of Rome last Oct. 16.

The Philippine Embassy in Rome had identified and obtained the contact details of the 19 injured Filipinos.

Nine of the injured Filipinos said they suffered muscle trauma but were able to receive immediate medical attention, the DFA said in a statement.

 Three of them sustained wounds on the forehead while two others had fractures.

“According to doctors who evaluated the Filipinos, no one was critically injured,” the DFA said.

“The Embassy will continue to coordinate with Italian authorities as conduct of investigation to determine the cause of the accident is still in progress,” it added.

The DFA expressed readiness to extend necessary assistance to the Filipinos.

Topics: Department of Foreign Affairs , Candy Cypres-Buazon , Rome , Filipinos
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Congress Trivia 1
Advertisement