Former Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada said in a statement that he had issued an Executive Order creating a transition team in compliance with the DILG directive and directed all the department heads to extend full cooperation to the incoming administration.
Estrada said that his good character as a man and as a former President is a “living testimony that he is and will always be a statesman.”
Aside from issuing an EO creating the transition team, the former mayor also required all department heads to prepare the necessary documents for a smooth transition. He added that these documents were ready and available days before 1une 28, 2019.
Also, according to Estrada, all documen1ts had already been submitted in the afternoon of June 28, but claimed that the office of Councilor Bernardito Ang “who refused to accept the same for the flimsy reason that it should have been subm1itted in the morning of June 28, 2019.’’
He added that to preempt any accusations that the incoming administration was left in the dark, we opted to forward all documents to the Dilg office in Manila for transmission to the incoming administration. All these will show that there was no negligence on our part.
“We are hoping that this will set precedents to all other baseless allegations against Mayor Estrada whose genuine concern for the masses is unmatched and unquestionable,” says Atty. Ericson Alcovendaz, Estrada”s spokesman and former city administrator of Manila.