The police has created a special task group to investigate the deaths of five alleged drug suspects in San Jose del Monte in Bulacan.
According to an initial report by SJDM city chief Lt. Col. Orlando Castil Jr., the drug suspects were found dead with bullet wounds inside a house in Purok 4, Barangay San Pedro early Thursday morning.
Castil identified the victims as Juliet Fernandez, the alleged maintainer of the drug den; Norberto Oden, 63, identified as cohort of Fernandez; Manuelito Bergonio, who is reportedly included in the drug watchlist and with a pending case of carnapping; a certain alias Mel Diezel, also included in the unified drug list of PNP/PDEA and one still unidentified person.
Sergio Yumol, a resident of the place, discovered the lifeless bodies of the victims inside the living room of the said house around 6:10 a.m. and later reported the incident to a village watchman, who in turn, reported it to the police.
“Investigations showed that the house is being used as a drug den of illegal drug personalities in the area and that some of the victims were reported to be responsible in the proliferation and distribution of illegal drugs in the city,” Castil said.
He added that interviews with relatives and neighbors disclosed that the victims are known personalities involved in illegal drug activities.
The Bulacan SOCO team led by Lt. Mario Lazaro checked out the crime scene at about 8:30 a.m. and retrieved 10 pieces of fired .45-caliber cartridges, six pieces .40-caliber cartridges, two pieces live ammunition for .45-caliber, two .40-caliber fired bullets and one big heat-sealed plastic sachet containing seven pieces of small plastic sachets of shabu.
Investigators are still looking for possible witnesses to the massacre and possible identifications of the suspects.
The police chief said that they are reviewing the closed-circuit television footage in the area to identify the assailants, although he added that the incident may have resulted from a conflict related to illegal drugs.
“Nagkaroon po ng onsehan or away doon sa ibang grupo, doon sa ibang grupo, maybe nagkaroon ng atraso itong grupo na ito kaya gumanti yung kabila,” Castil said.
He added that, based on the wounds sustained by the suspects, there was definitely an intent to eliminate the drug suspects. “’Yung mga tama sa ulo doon sa mga biktima, pinagplanuhan po talaga patayin itong mga biktima.”
Aside from the bodies, the police said they also found seven sachets of suspected shabu.
According to the neighbors, the individuals had been renting out the house for around three months.
But the wife of one of the suspects remarked: “Sana ikinulong na lang habang buhay kinulong, baka matanggap ng anak ko.”
The special investigation task group that was formed to investigate the incident was already following a lead as of press time. With PNA